In May 17, 2015; the episode “Mathlete’s Feat” aired on FOX and concluded The Simpsons’ Twenty-sixth season. Now all the eyes are on the next season of the show, its Twenty-seventh season. Today is June 1st; since May 17th lots of news about season 27 have been announced. To make sure everyone interested in them knows them I’ll make a summary of almost every new announcement (or similar) about Season 27 that has been given until date:
Related to the Season Premiere:
- The title of the season premiere is “Every Man’s Dream“
- The premiere is scheduled to air in September 27, 2015.
- The plot of the season premiere is:
Homer is diagnosed with narcolepsy — but instead of returning home with his prescription medication — he returns home drunk. He and Marge visit a marriage counselor and have a trial separation, during which Homer begins dating a 20-something.
- The episode will guest star:
Lena Dunham as Candace
Allison Williams as Candace’s friend
Zosia Mamet as Candace’s friend
Jemima Kirke as Candace’s friend
and Laura Ingraham as Therapist
- The episode is written by J. Stewart Burns and directed by Matthew Nastuk.
Related to THOH XXVI:
- Kelsey Grammer will voice Sideshow Bob again. And Springfield’s most beloved killing-attempter will take part in the 26th Treehouse of Horror Special.
- It is written by Joel H. Cohen and directed by Steven Dean Moore.
- It is set to air in October 2015.
Related to Cast & Crew:
- The voice actor Harry Shearer gave out shocking news when he said he might be leaving the show. He gives voice to Kent Brockman, Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, Julius Hibbert, Kang, Lenny Leonard, Timothy Lovejoy, Otto Mann, Seymour Skinner, Waylon Smithers and Rainier Wolfcastle; among others. To know the latest updates on “The Shearer Situation”, visit our Blog post on it. It will get updated as more news on it arrive.
Related to Season 27 episodes:
- Showrunner Al Jean stated on Twitter that Season 27 will have a total of 22 episodes.
- This season won’t feature a Christmas-themed episode. But it will have a Valentine’s-themed episode in February (“Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4″).
- The episode “Halloween of Horror” will be a “canon” episode taking place in October 2015.
- The episode “Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4″ is going to be a Valentine’s Day-themed episode scheduled to air in February 14, 2016. (Exactly a Love-themed episode airing in Valentine’s Day). According to Al Jean, the episode won’t be about a “Homer and Marge marriage crisis”. It will involve Professor Frink.
David Copperfield as Himself
All the Sources can be found on the Wikisimpsons’ articles which the links in this post link to.
Stay tuned for More!
UPDATE: Added Writer for VABF07 and news about its plot in the “Related to Season 27 episodes:” section.